During this time of at home enrichment due to the current school closure, it is important for kids to continue to stay active. Below is an additional resource to help keep your kids in motion during this time.
Why is physical activity important?
- It helps us relieve stress.
- It helps us focus.
- It helps make our muscles and bones strong.
- It builds strength and endurance.
- It burns calories.
- It lowers our blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
There are three main types of physical activity.
- Aerobic activity. Cardio
- Muscle strengthening activity.
- Bone strengthening activity.
The wonderful thing about fitness is there are so many different types of activities to choose from.
You should make up your own fitness plan using some basic ideas
- Have one activity for each of the tree types listed above, some activities such as dance would work in all three, but a good idea is to have three different activities.
- Aerobic should be at least 20 minutes in duration, and get your heart rate up.
- You should exercise one hour per day. This does not need to be all at once.
You as the student know what works best for you, and the ideas above can get you started. The main idea or goal is to get your body moving!
If you are still not sure I will give you a couple of activities.
- Go for a walk.
- Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Push ups, Crunches.
- Any type of sporting activity you can do while social distancing.
Remember the internet is a great tool when used responsibly, and the activities are endless. The TABATA 4 minute workouts on youtube are good, and they have them for every ability.
If you have any questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you asap.