TK-3rd has 30 min general music classes twice per week. Depending on grade level things we learn include:
- how to keep a steady beat
- how to move to music
- the difference between beat and rhythm
- how to read, create, and perform rhythms using Kodaly inspired rhythm syllables
- how to sing and match pitch
- how to read pitches and learn hand signals for do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti, and do.
- dynamics: loud and quiet in music
- tempo: fast and slow in music
I have been teaching since 1996. My mission is to help students create a lifelong relationship with music, whether it be through playing instruments or singing, or appreciating it by being an informed listener.